Sorry for the poor video quality, audio is great. Had a setup Issue.
Guest Mike Harding from Gateway Mechanical:
What a great conversation with Mike. Here is what we talked about:
– The differences between HFC and CO2, and how it takes longer to pump down a CO2 system because of the heat capacity
-Key things you should know about defrosting on some of the systems he worked on.
– This he learn with defrost and some troubleshooting on the system he worked on like Systems LMP https://evapcolmp.ca/en/products/purity-c02/, Hill Phoenix/Advansor https://www.hillphoenix.com/product/second-nature-advansor-co2/and Carnot https://www.carnotrefrigeration.com/en/
– How he did a lot of research on CO2 systems before installing and servicing
– He took any manufacture training that was available and how he read as many manuals as he could find to totally understand the system.
– Why it is so important to know the control systems that you are using. He gave a huge tip on Max Operating Pressure for a Micro Thermo System http://solutions.parker.com/MicroThermoLiterature
– Why it is important to have an internal training program on CO2 system and get your technicians familiar with the system before taking on call on those systems
– Understanding the sequence of operation of that specific CO2 system
– Challenges when working on CO2 system and what to do to overcome those challenges.
Learn more about Mike – https://www.linkedin.com/in/michael-harding-5b817980/
Learn more about Gateway Mechanical – https://gatewaymechanical.ca/
Check out Refrigeration Mentors webpage for more events – https://www.refrigerationmentor.com
Subscribe to Refrigeration Mentors Newsletter – https://offers.refrigerationmentor.com/free-guide